Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:17:52 -1000
I am far from a computer expert but I have been using NU since the DOS days. I
found that before Window became so complex NU was much better off. I have
installed NU 2001 now (about 3 months) and almost lost my laptop. In defense of
Symantec I most likely misread the manual when it said to remove all files of
NU 2000. I also removed LiveUpdate. That was a mistake. My laptop I think is
still not stable. I had to reinstall NU 01 three times before it finally
installed LiveUpdate again. There were other programs in the NU 01 series that
did not install but they seem to be happy now.

I recommend NU 01 over McAfee Office 2000 because NU seems more stable in all
the programs that it gives you to use. Some of the MO 2000 did some damage to
my systems. I was able to recover but again the damage maybe because of my lack
of experience in what MO was telling me. I am talking about the .DLL, .VXD,
duplicate file delete programs that these suites offer. Be careful of them.
They do give warnings but at times they say this file is ok to delete and it is
really not. Now that maybe the fault of the programer of the other software
(not properly regeristing the file with windows) but NU and MO give the ability
to work on these file.

It's great to be able to get rid of old keys in registry and such but being
able to may come with a price to pay if your are not careful. Follow the
manual. If that is not clear then try searching here or on the Internet for
answers. I don't just click OK any more to these cleaning programs.

My two bits....

Bobby Sutton wrote:

> ...still would like to read some other opinions.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>