Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Heidrun Schröder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:52:34 +0200
Hi!
Sorry, I am answering a bit late but I thought everyone else would answer
this simple question and because of this I do not remember who wrote and
what was the re he or she gave.

The question was about coloring text in e-mails and adding colored
backgrounds - the one and only answer to this was someone telling this
should never be done because a lot of people would delete such mails right
away. I only want to mention that there sure may be reasons why people love
to write and receive colorful html mails and will never even get the idea to
delete them as they come from friends and family with whom they exchange
letter-style e-mails which look so much more personal when they come with
stationery, colored writing and all that senseless but pretty stuff. It sure
is nothing for office mails.

Anyway now to answer the question - to add any such pretty but useless stuff
you have to make sure you are sending your mails in html-format. Go to
*Outlook Express (works for 5 and 5.5, I don't know about earlier
versions) - Extras (maybe in the English version it is named Tools, I don't
know) - Options - Send* and check html-format for sending mails. Then open a
new empty mail go to *Format* and check *Rich Text (HTML)*. Now you should
have the options for changing the font as well as size and color and all
that right below the re-line of the header. When you go to *Format -
Background* you can add a picture or a color as background of the mail (make
sure your writing still will be legible) and you can add sounds as well that
go with the mail then. When you go to *Format - stationery* or choose the
little down arrow aside the *new mail*- button and *choose stationery* you
can add stationery to your mails. There are a few simple ones that come with
Outlook Express but you can also produce your own stationery from your own
pictures or download tons of beautiful stationery for free from lots of
places (look for * Outlook Express stationery * at google for example) - one
I know is http://thundercloud.net/stationery/. The only problem I have heard
of, is that all this does not work for people who are using AOL. It is said
it does work since their version 6 but I know 2 people who did not manage to
get it to work - I mean receiving such mails, I have no idea if AOL users
can send such mails.

Hope this helps!
Best wishes Heidi Schroeder

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: