Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:36:22 -0400
On Tuesday 14 May 2002 10:58 pm, Juanita Kimble wrote:
> I got a message today telling me if I had this on my C: drive to delete it.
> I followed the instructions, but I didn't find it. I did a search on goggle
> and it said it is a hoax. Is it? I just reformatted. I did have it before
> then. Haven't been able to find it by following the directions on the
> message I received.
>

> Here it is!
>

>   I just found out that I received a virus from someone that has my name in
> their email address book. As a result, my address book on which I have your
> email address has also been infected by a virus called jdbgmgr.exe.The
> virus is not detected by Norton or McAfee antivirus system. The virus stays
> quiet for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by
> the messenger and by the address book, whether or not I have sent emails
> directly to you. I have found and deleted it. Now it is your turn.
>
>   1. Go to start and click
>
>   2. Go to Find or Search option
>
>   3. In the files/folder option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
>
>   4. Be sure you search in your C: drive
>
>   5. Click "find now"
>
>   6. The virus has a little bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT
> OPEN IT.
>
>   7. Highlight the file
>
>   8. Press the shift key and the delete key and the file will be removed
> from your hard drive.
>
>   9. If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address
> book so they can eradicate it in their own address books.
>
>   Juanita

Juanita:
It's a hoax. See the current thread "virus?" on this list for further
details. You may want to contact the person who sent this to you; it looks
like they have a lot of apologizing to do.
A good rule is to ignore these kinds of emails; your strategy of doing a
Google is excellent.
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                     support at our newest website: