Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 06:22:51 -0700
Hi Jim and others,
I also have noticed a huge slow down on my system. I just ran tracert on
several sites, and I run in the 98 to 178ms range, with anywhere from 4 to
18 hops, which I interpret to be not to bad. What is odd is the fact that it
takes sometime up to 30 seconds before there is any modem activity.
Naturally this causes some sites to time out. In doing tracert on say,
PCmag.com, it was almost 45 seconds before I saw any activity on the modem
icon in the systray. This seems to have started not long after I upgraded to
98SE, last week. I have neither FP2000 or Corel2000.

PII 233
64MB
USR 56K Faxmodem, non-winmodem
4.5GBUW SCSI HD

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in this. I think I'm
going to see what happens if I uninstall IE5 and reinstall. Not too bad for
me to do as I have the CD. I'll post results after the fact.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

> Somewhere in the last 2-3 weeks I noticed that MSIE 5 was having
> difficulties connecting to a LOT of web sites.  The failures were
> all showed
> the same error message -- Unable to connect....server timed out (or
> something like that).  That's when I started fooling with the
> TRACEROUTE and
> notice that my response times had suddenly jumped up to the 550-600 msec
> range for traceroutes.  Through various tests, I have confirmed that the
> problem IS inside my machine.  But I can't figure out what is
> causing such a
> big delay.
>
> As I said, I installed FrontPage 2000 and Corel Office 2000, during that
> same time frame, but I did not notice any major performance changes
> immediately after either installation.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html