Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Steve Brumbaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:11:27 -0800
Hi,

I have a problem with Word and Excel starting very, very slowly.  In fact,
Excel at least doesn't really start at all since eventually it just says
"not responding" and won't do anything.  This is Office 97 running on WinXP
and I never had any problem with this before today.

I noticed several emails a few months ago with this problem and that it
seemed to be caused by Norton Antivirus and a certificate (Verisign?)
problem.  I did have an expired demo of NAV running until a month ago, but I
removed it in order to install Avast anti-virus.  (Norton Internet Security
is still on the system.)  I tried the workaround suggested back then (IE,
internet options, advanced, deselecting the check for expired certificates),
but that caused no change.  Naturally, I tried rebooting, but nothing.  I
noticed on the task manager list that 2 Excels seemed to be running (not
responding), but when I used "end task" to get rid of one Excel, they both
disappeared.  I don't know if  this had anything to do with  it or not.

Nothing else seems to be doing this.  I tried disabling all the new
antivirus, but no effect.

Any suggestions?

Steve B.