Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:52:36 -0800
On 19 Feb 99, at 5:45, John Gartee wrote:

> Check your TCP/IP setting under protocol (right click Network Neighborhood
> and select properties).  Your ISP should provide you with a DNS (Domain
> Name System) address which your system uses to look up the name you type
> in (ie-www.yahoo.com) and return the IP address (204.71.200.69), which is
> what your system *really* uses to communicate during an online session
> under TCP/IP (or PPP) protocols. John Gartee [log in to unmask]

  While it is true that an incorrect/missing DNS setting would interfere
with browsing, odds are good that it would ALSO interfere with sending
mail (which the original message said was "functioning properly").  The
follow-up -- which the above was responding to -- was reporting that
the ISP uses a proxy server, and that the problem has been fixed by
configuring the browser to reflect that.  [This scenario is
characterized by the ability to reach servers internal to the ISP,
including by name, but not external addresses.]

David G

David G

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html