Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:21:50 -0500
Question is way short on info. (grin)
Short version:
As a wild "shot in the dark", I'd say you have an extra driver loading?

Long version:
Things to think about and/or look into:
(I'm not even sure I/we "want" all the answers...)

Is this a basic "homeowner" store bought type system?
(Nothing oddball?)

What are the "real" HDs hooked to?
How many are there?

If the harddrives were hooked up individually,
what are they partitioned like?
  (as in)
If you booted from a floppy and ran fdisk with a single
physical drive in machine, what would Fdisk show you?
Primary? Extended?... For each...

Are all your drives harddrives, or do you have a mix of several
types of "removable drives"...
If removable, what do "they" connect to?

Does the Phantom drive look like it has duplicate contents of
any other drive in the system?

The only time I have had Phantom drives is when I had too many
drivers loading software that was supposed to control "the" drive
instead of a "real" hardware solution, (if available and/or appropriate...)

Recently, I've noticed lots of changes to the drive letter assignments
as done by Win-XP, (new to ME, up from Win95B).
Also odd things when mixing NTFS and FAT32, and how I look at them
with certain diagnostics and/or utilities... (BTW - I'm using the proper,
supported versions.)

So, As a wild "shot in the dark", I'd say you have an extra driver loading?
Good luck...       Rick Glazier

From: "Ian" <[log in to unmask]>

> I've suddenly developed a phantom drive - My Computer has just begun to
> report that I have a drive that doesn't exist.
>
> All the other 9 drives or partitions are being reported normally, except of
> course, apart from C, they're one letter out of sequence.
>
> Oddly, Device Manager doesn't see it.
>
> Any tips would be appreciated

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com