Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Donald Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:04:54 -0500
Question, are you using a Linksys Router, or a switch/hub.  My understanding
is that all of Linksys' Routers include Firewall capabilities.  ZoneAlarm is
a software firewall that you run on your PC.  As long as you have the router
between your computers and your modems then you shouldn't need Zone Alarm at
all.  If it is a switch or a hub, then you will need Zone Alarm.

As to configuring it, you may be out of luck.  I have tinkered with it much
but on their help page,
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/znalmNetworkFAQ.jsp it
mentions that even set to medium (and I wouldn't recomend going lower) it
will block Netbios attempts, which is what Netbui uses.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marilyn Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2002 2:13 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] ZoneAlarm on Network

I have a 3 computer network (2 desktops, 1 laptop) using a Linksys router.
Do I have to install ZoneAlarm on each computer?  I have it installed on my
main computer that I use most of the time and I can browse my network ok.
But when I install it on either of the other two I cannot browse the
network.  I'm using Netbui and have file and printer sharing enabled.  If I
have to install it on the other two computer what do I have to change in
ZoneAlarm to allow it to see the other computers.  Help please.

Marilyn

---

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>