Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Larry Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:04:22 -0500
Mick:

This is a little longer answer than you'd asked for but I think it'll come in
handy for yourseld and others. Here goes.

DIRLIST Instruction
To print a directory from the DOS Prompt

Syntax:

 dir [d:\pathname] [/switches] > prn

For example, to print out the c:\netscape directory contents, and sort
the output first by directory, then by name:

 dir c:\netscape /ogn > prn

To print the same directory AND any subdirectories in the path, add
the "/s" switch:

 dir c:\netscape /ogn /s > prn

To eject the final page of the output, you'll need to send a command to
the printer (see below).

If you do this type of thing periodically, you may want to make up a
little batch file to eject the final page of the output. I call mine
"eject.bat". It is a simple, single line containing the page eject
character (ASCII code 012 or Ctrl + L).

Actually, I put another line in first with the entry "@echo off" -
without the quotes of course. So my batch file looks like this:

 @echo off
 echo ^L > lpt1

where the "^L" is entered by pressing the Control and L key together
or, enter the eject command in ASCII code by holding down the Alt key,
pressing the 0, 1 and 2 keys on the numeric keypad simultaneously
before releasing the Alt key. The redirect key (>) is then entered
and the echoed command is directed to the parallel printer.

If you use long filenames though, don't forget to enclose the long
filename in double quotes. For example, if you wanted to print the
directory for Program Files, the entry would be:

 dir "c:\Program Files" /ogn

If you want a better and more controlled output though, why not send
the directory list output to a file then subsequently editing that file
in your word processor. This gives you the opportunity to change the
font and the pagination, etc. before printing - or simply keeping it.

To append the directory listing to an existing file, use the redirection symbol
">>" as follows:

 dir b: >> c:dirlist.txt

. . . and repeat for each additional directory (or floppy disk) until
finished.

--
Larry Stewart
Ottawa, Ontario