Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:36:24 -0700
Jim,

Thanks for the ideas. I finally got it to work by actually
uninstalling the programs (Office Pro 97 and Publisher
97) and then doing a complete install of both. Just doing
a refresh of the previous installation or trying to install just
the graphic filter did not work. (BTW, I did use the
uninstall program of Win98 and it seemed to work in this
situation where I was doing a complete new installation).

From my experiences with this situation, I believe the TIF
graphic filter is installed by default and that may be why I
was not able to uninstall it. Since it was never
uninstalled, I could never get the Office Pro installation to
re-install. Just a thought.

This was a very frustrating problem because the setup
had always worked just fine before I upgraded to a new
motherboard and hard drive. Since I did the new
installation several weeks ago, I had not needed to import
a TIF file so I didn't realize it didn't work. I can only
assume something was corrupt in the initial installation.

Well, like so many things with computers, sometimes
you can get it to work without really knowing what was
wrong in the first place.

Jim

> Jim,
>
> When I do an INSERT-- PICTURE -- FROM FILE, the list of FILES OF TYPE
> is -not- arranged alphabetically.  Are you sure you just didn't overlook
> it?  In my system, the TAGGED INFORMATION FILES lie between:
> Computer Graphics Metafile
> Corel Draw
> Tagged Information File
> Targa
> Kodak Photo CD
>
> If that's not the case, then (I believe) your problem is with the
> UNINSTALLER.  Like most windows based programs, the uninstaller which
> comes with the application is very poor.  It only removes a small portion
> of the TOTAL application.  Lots of DLLs and registry entries are left
> behind.
>
> I suggest you get a third party uninstaller like NAI's UNINSTALLER (my
> favorite) or Quarterdeck's CleanSweep.  Even Parson's REMOVER does a
> better job than the UNINSTALL SHIELD that comes with most applications.
>

> Jim Meagher
> =====
> Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
> http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
> 410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
> =====

Jim Maki

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html