Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:14:57 -0700
Hi Loy,

While I can't fully explain why images don't show properly in MS
Publisher,
it may very well be related to the second part of your question.

This is a bit of an extensive subject, but I'll try and stick with
 the " Just the facts,Ma'am " approach ;)

The warnings and blocking of certain files is due to ADS - No, not
Attention Deficit Syndrome, although I can't guarantee you won't develop
this after wading through all the info about it ;)

ADS stands for Alternate Data Streams.
Another component it the Attachments Manager.

This all started as far back as SP2 for XP .
This security measure defined the  zones that are on a computer .
If you check Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security
,you will see
at least 4 zones : Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted sites and
Restricted sites.
There is a 5th one, not listed, which you can enable, which is the My
Computer zone .

Files received in the respective zones are flagged according to their
origin.
Systems using the NTFS file system format, will maintain the flags on
the files.
However, systems using the FAT format won't.
Hence, NTFS is considered a more secure format.

What this all means is that, depending where the file came from and
where it is stored,
you may encounter situations where the file is blocked from being opened
or executed.

Mind you, this existed before SP2, but wasn't enforced as much as in SP2
and was subsequently even more enforced in SP3.
The reason you didn't see it before is because of your settings or were
not aware of it.
Sometimes no warning is displayed- the file just won't open or execute ,
as is the case with an .EXE file.

Very often, the only way you'll find out is to check the Property sheet
on the file.
(Hold down Alt + double-click the file)   > Properties.

Work-arounds.

* Zipping the files - compressing removes the ADS .Delete the original
files.
When unzipped, like in a folder in My Documents eg. , the files are now
in the local zone
and since the origin is too, now warning or restriction will occur.
Note: If downloaded as .ZIP file - Remove the block first, then unzip.
Being unzipped in the local zone will make them "safe'  ;)

* Transfer to a local partition or USB drive, formatted with FAT.
Since FAT doesn't support ADS, the flags are removed, then use the files
from there or
move them back to original folder.

* Use the Group Policy Editor - provided you use XP Pro.
   Rather than describe it -here's a link you will like for it's name :)
   http://www.windows-stupidities.com/Stupid44-FileBlocked.html
Note:Ignore the very last paragraph, which says: " And by the way, if
you have Windows XP Home or Vista Home, they are both crippled versions
of Windows and neither has Group Policy Editor, so you are stuck with
this problem."
# By now you have enough info to circumvent this problem. (PE)

* There are also Registry entries that can be modified to achieve this.
A full description of this can be found in the following links:
Description of how the Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service
Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883260/en-us

Internet Explorer security zones registry entries for advanced users
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182569/

I hope this gives you enough to work with.

Peter.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode