Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:36:06 -0500
Timothy K. Timlin wrote:

> I am working with Windows 95 version 2.0.  When I use Windows Explorer I
> have it set to be viewed as a web page.  When I first open up Windows
> Explorer there are two [2] columns (frames).  The one on the left is the
> tree directory, the one on the right the web page view of the icons.
>
> My question is can I permanently eliminate the left column so that when
> I open Windows Explorer all that is seen is the web page view.

I think the "/n" switch will do what you want. Here's the MS Knowledge
Base article that explains how the switches work.

***

Microsoft Knowledge Base

Command-Line Switches for Windows Explorer

Article ID: Q130510

SUMMARY

This article lists command-line switches you can use when you start
Windows Explorer  (EXPLORER.EXE).

MORE INFORMATION

Syntax

EXPLORER.EXE [/n][/e][,/root,<object>][[,/select],<sub object>]

Switches

/n: Opens a new window in single-paned (My Computer) view for each item
selected, even if the new window duplicates a window that is already
open.

/e: Uses Windows Explorer view. Windows Explorer view is most similar to
File Manager in Windows version 3.x. Note that the default view is Open
view.

/root,<object>: Specifies the root level of the specified view. The
default is to use the normal namespace root (the desktop). Whatever is
specified is the root for the display.

/select,<sub object>: Specifies the folder to receive the initial focus.
If "/select" is used, the parent folder is opened and the specified
object is selected.

Examples

To open a Windows Explorer view to explore only objects on \\<server
name>, use the following syntax:

explorer /e,/root,\\<server name>

To view the C:\WINDOWS folder and select CALC.EXE, use the following
syntax:

explorer /select,c:\windows\calc.exe

***
Jeff Delzer

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**