Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:37:52 -0500
Hi Peter, Many thanks for your reply to my message.  I am so grateful to you folks who are kind enough to take your time to help people like me with computer problems.  I have just one more dumb question.  Do I just leave things as they are (like leave the red border alone) or should I pursue the directions for emptying the sandbox.  I am on the Internet quite a bit looking up cooking sites or using it to research things that I hear on the news that I want more information about.  As you can see, my knowledge of computer protection is next to nil, but I do want to make certain that I am taking the best measures to keep my  computer "clean".  If I wasn't in the waning years of my life, I would pursue Computer Science as a career . . . it fascinates me so.  Again, thank you for your timely response to my questions.       Gratefully, Dottie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Ekkerman
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Red border around sites

  Hi Dottie,

  It's certainly good that you have Avast (Pro I presume) since you purchased
  it,
  although you could have used the free version.
  One good thing with the Pro version is ,that is has Process virtualization
  (Sandbox) ,
  which you are seeing evidence of by the red border around your browser.
  You can turn this feature off, but it's good to use when you're on the
  internet.
  For those not familiar with it ,read the manual
  http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/quick-start-guide-pro-en-ww.pdf

  As an aside, this is very similar to the program I've been recommending
  several times http://www.sandboxie.com

  If you have some time, read the help file in the Avast program.
  It's quite possible that a lot of it will go over your head ,but you may get
  a better understanding of the settings.
  Having the "Sandbox" of Avast is quite useful ,since you can run several
  programs in this mode.
  Since most malware comes through email, if not filtered and via the internet
  browser, running things in the
  sandbox gives you a lot of protection.

  While Avast Pro provides you already with : Quote:" Antivirus and
  anti-spyware engine.
  State of the art scanning engine provides reliable protection against
  viruses, spyware and other forms of malicious software."  ,
  You could install eg MalwareBytes anti-malware free
  http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php  Blue download button!
  but I'm afraid you already have enough on your plate figuring out Avast.
  In the meantime you're well protected if you run your browser in sandbox
  mode.
  (please read up on how to empty "sandbox" .)
  Of course that's in addition to the AV protection from Avast.

  Peter E.