Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 21:23:29 -0500
At 08:31 12/30/99 , Keith Gladstone wrote:
>I subscribe to a lot of e-zines and newsletters, some of these don't
>offer a plain text version, as I usually download my messages and
>read them offline; it can be a pain repeatedly cancelling the dial-up
>connection that pops up time and time again when I open an HTML
>message. Does anyone know of a way to disable the Dial-up request?

Here's how to keep Windows from dialing out automatically.

Open the "Internet Properties" window and select the "Connections"
tab. Select "Never dial a connection".

You get to "Internet Properties" by choosing "Network Options"
from Control Panel, or by right clicking on your Internet Explorer
desktop icon and choosing "Properties", or by choosing "Internet
Options" after clicking on the "Tools" button (on the menu bar)
when Internet Explorer is running.

This setting tells your system not to automatically dial out
whenever *any* browser is opened (as happens when you try to
view a saved HTML file) in Win9X with Internet Explorer 4 or
later installed.

After this you'll have to manually connect before you can download
mail or browse the Internet. I'd suggest that you make a shortcut
to your Internet connection and put it on your desktop or in the
"quick start" area of the taskbar (IE4 or later). This makes
manually connecting very easy. To make this shortcut, open the
Dial Up Networking window (it's in My Computer), right click on a
connection and choose "create shortcut". The shortcut will appear
automatically on your desktop but you can drag it anywhere you
choose.

Happy New Year!

Regards,
Bill