Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 02:15:41 -0500
Hi,

New computer...just learning XP
WinXP
Dell 8300
2 hard drives
512 memory
DVD Drive
DVD/CD-RW
nVidia Graphic Card
Audigy Sound Card
Norton Internet Security
Networked to 1 computer

All of a sudden, when I boot the computer things are fine except....an
explorer window opens to C:\Windows\System32.     I have to close it each
time.   I cannot think of a thing I did to cause this to happen--but
apparently I did.

When I look at msconfig via the "run" command and at
Start/Programs/Accessories/System Information/Start Up, I can't find any
reference to C:\Windows\System32.    Is there another place to look in XP.

I looked up the programs running at start up.   I've copied below the Start
Up information from System Information....along with the info I found on
the running programs at start up.

There are 4 desktop.ini files listed.   Is that normal?

Any suggestions appreciated as to how I can get rid of the
C:\Windows\System32 window on bootup.
***************
System Information report written at: 04/30/04 00:48:20
System Name: DELL8300
[Startup Programs]

Program Command User Name       Location
1.  DESKTOP     desktop.ini     NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM     Startup

2.  DESKTOP     desktop.ini     DELL8300\mantra Startup

3.  LaunchPad   launchpad.lnk   DELL8300\mantra Startup
      Privately written program ..is ok.

4.  Sonic RecordNow!            DELL8300\mantra
HKU\S-1-5-21-862706017-2654289871-2108811182-1007\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
CD/DVD Software

5.   SB Audigy 2 Startup Menu    /l:eng DELL8300\mantra
HKU\S-1-5-21-862706017-2654289871-2108811182-1007\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Sound Card

6.  DESKTOP     desktop.ini     .DEFAULT        Startup

7.  DESKTOP     desktop.ini     All Users       Common Startup

8.  dla c:\windows\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe    All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Drive letter access to HP's and Veritas' version of DirectCD. Does the
same thing as DirectCD. From HP - "This is a needed file as it controls the
readability of the Combo drives. Without this file loading the end user
will be able to burn CD's but wont be able to read them. The drive itself
will be able to read store bought master Cd's without the file but not
burnt ones"

9.  CTHelper    cthelper.exe    All
UsersHKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  CTHELPER is a background task that is a plug-in manager for Creative
drivers. The theory is that 3rd party manufacturers can use the CTHELPER
plug-in interface to produce drivers, add-on features, and fixes that will
integrate with a tighter fit with Creative's sound drivers and utilities.
Given its purpose CTHELPER would normally be classified as a "leave alone"
background task.Unfortunately there are often problems with CTHELPER, most
notably that it can use 100% of CPU time so it's best left disabled

10.  AsioReg    regsvr32.exe /s ctasio.dll      All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ASIO (Audio Stream In/Out) drivers for the SoundBlaster Audigy 2 series
soundcards - for recording and home project studios. Required if you use
this functionality

11.  UpdReg     c:\windows\updreg.exe   All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Reminder to register Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! cards

12.  DVDSentry  c:\windows\system32\dsentry.exe All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Anti-spyware from Dell. Seems that after Dell found out certain
applications being installed from DVD's would report back information about
what customers were watching, they decided to implement an anti-spyware
service.

13.  ccApp      "c:\program files\common files\symantec
shared\ccapp.exe"       All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Part of Norton AntiVirus 2003. Auto-protect and E-mail check will not
function without this

14.  URLLSTCK.exe       c:\program files\norton internet
security\urllstck.exe  All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Part of Norton Internet Security. From Symantec - "UrlLstCk.exe is a
necessary file that will be present in C:\Program Files\Norton Internet
Security. It is a URL Checklist. It should not be disabled"

15.  DwlClient  c:\program files\common files\dell\eusw\support.exe     All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Download manager for Dell support alerts

16.  CoolSwitch c:\windows\system32\taskswitch.exe      All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ALT+TAB replacement Powertoy for Windows XP - enhances the graphics
displayed when you want to switch between programs running full-screen

17.  SunJavaUpdateSched c:\program
files\java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\jusched.exe      All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Checks with Sun's Java updates site to see if newer Java versions are
available.

18. NvCplDaemon rundll32.exe c:\windows\system32\nvcpl.dll,nvstartup    All
Users       HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
  Intializes the clock and memory settings on nVidia based graphics cards.
Enable if you overclock your card

Sue Na

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>