Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 22:04:32 -0700
Jim,

There is no "Universal Reader" that will read all file extensions.  There
are literally thousands of file extensions (*.xxx)  and no one makes a
viewer that can read therm all.

You can get graphical programs that can read most graphical files and you
can get text based readers that can read most text based files, however
there is no great program that can read most files. The best might be Quick
View plus (http://www.avantstar.com/solutions/quick_view_plus/default.aspx)
which can display many file formats, both graphical images and text
files.  The best image display program is ACDSee
(http://www.acdsystems.com/English/Products/index.htm) and the best text
file viewer may be Quick View Plus or Microsoft Word itself, Which can read
all editions of word files plus Word Perfect, etc..

Good luck on finding the best reader.

John D.

At 03:53 PM 10/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Recently someone posted a address for a "universal reader" for the many
>various .xxx endings
>we receive. Can someone mention it again. I cannot locate it in the archives.
>Thanks
>Jim Prettyman
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCSOFT or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com