Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:27:10 -0500
From: "Mark Rode" <[log in to unmask]>
> I am curious as to how NetZero software installs and works. I  see from
> it's web site that it has a floating stay on top banner much like Juno.
> Does it allow you to use other Internet programs for mail, new and browsing
> or must you use the NetZero browser for everything.

NetZero is not a browser. You get a ZeroPort Dialer and Advertising Bar from
them. It has always used whatever was my default browser. (I think there are
minimum DUN version requirements, but most users can easily meet them...)

> Does it stay out of the way of the rest of your computer or is it problematic?

The Advertising Bar takes up all the space at the top of my screen where the
buttons and other bars go. It has been found to be annoying by other members
of my family. (NetZero is on my "free loaner" family computer so they can not
say too much...)  The Advertising bar can be moved anyplace on the screen.

> Does NetZero provide a good reliable dial up connection ?

Yes. And true POP3 and SMTP mail. (Program of your choice.)

> What is a better service .Juno or NetZero ?

I have a paid ISP, but of the free ones I like NetZero better.  Juno forces you to
use their E-mail program and makes a "server" connection to the Internet,
(according to ZoneAlarm), when the browser starts. (I never use the WEB part
of Juno...)

> Is NetZero owned by Cisco ?

I their literature says it is Cisco Powered.     K L Group

> Any other thoughts or comments about NetZero?

It is the only ISP (or program) I have never had any trouble with...
Juno has also been reliable, but you better save lots of room for the Ads on your
hard drive AND do not "tinker" with any of "their stuff" or the program is all trashed...

                  Rick Glazier

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml