Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:11:28 -0800
On 16 Sep 99, at 22:44, Jim Meagher wrote:

> There are three address fields.
>
> TO: is the person the message is directly addressed to.
>       All recipients can see this person's name and address.
> CC: is for any people who need a copy but are not directly addressed.
>        (hence the name Courtesy Copy)
>       All recipients can see these people also.

  [When I learned typing, we were told that "cc:" stood for "carbon copy".]

> BCC: is for people who need to see the message but are hidden.
>         No one sees BCC people and the BCC people do not see anyone else.
>         (hence the name BLIND courtesy copy)

  My favourite mail program, Pegasus, offers a choice of whether the
bcc: list is seen by people *on* the bcc: list.  On the one hand,
allowing this to be seen violates the "no one sees" part of the
definition above; on the other hand, it offers an answer to the
question "why did *I* get this message?"
  On other mail programs, this might not be offered as an option --
it may be the way the program always works.

  Note that it is normal in correspondence for bcc'd folks to see the
to: and cc: lists -- although it is also possible that some mail
programs hide these as Jim describes.

David G

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>