Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
James Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:07:25 -0500
Since installing my new computer a year ago I had a problem: After running most applications, Msft and non-Msft -  Excel, Word, I. E.,  a genealogical app, etc., for 5 minutes to 30 minutes a  window appeared:  "(app) has encountered a problem and must close..."  I could chose "details", "Report to Msft"  but regardless of what I did the app closed.  I could reboot the app but  the window would reappear, sooner or later.

After much research and tech help the answer:  My "Office 2000 Small Business" app was received with my prior Dell PC, and it worked OK with my new non-Dell PC - until  the "Encountered" window appeared.  However it is apparently designed (?) not to work on a non-Dell, causing the problem - not just on Office but in other apps as well. Since  un-installing the Office 2000 app, my other apps have have worked OK - no more nasty windows. And  I have been running a trial version of Office 2010  with no problems.

My old Office 2000 disks are marked:  "For distribution with a new PC only..."  I guess this implies it ONLY works with the particular "new PC".

Does anyone know a work-around for this problem?  I'd prefer to continue using  the old Office 2000 - buying the 2010 iteration would do nothing for me other than diminish my finances.

Jim Harris ,  Philadelphia

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>