Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Susan Hays <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:35:15 EST
In a message dated 3/7/99 1:50:29 AM Central Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I have used most of the OCR programs out there, which is what I assume you
are talking about.  The programs based on Textbridge have never seemed to be
that great when I have used them, although it is a highly respected program.
Until recently, I thought the most accurate one was Newsoft's (formerly
Presto) OCR Pro 3.0.  It had 99% accuracy with text, would successfully handle
many logos, and some handwritten material. Also, it had an optional setting to
empty the cache after every scan, which was helpful to avoid those "out of
memory" messages so common with scanning.  I was never very impressed with
Caere's Omnipage - until recently.  Newsoft recently released Pagemanager
Suite 98, which has OCR Pro 3.0 in it, as well as 2 other scanning programs,
but I don't find the option to empty the cache.  Omnipage 9.0 probably has OCR
Pro equalled, and possibly beat at this time.  However, you have to remember
that a 99% accuracy rate still will have 30 errors in a 3000 word document
that need to be corrected.  My recent experience with the Omnipage 9.0
suggests that it is higher than 99%.  Also, with most of the major commercial
programs, you can save to Word, etc., but this never seemed to work very well
for me, because it was saving it into a Word document.  Omnipage gives you the
option to save it in Word format itself, so you don't have to know ahead of
time what the exact margins, font size, etc., need to be to get the same
layout as your prescan document.  Hope some of this helps.

Omnipage is exactly what came with my HP Office Jet 520 but in a limited
version.  I have been told that a limited version is usually what comes with
scanners.  The upgrade is $79.  Is that a fairly reasonable price?  Sounds to
me that I may need to go with the Omnipage according to the information I
received in the above paragraph.  Yes, the information you sent was very
helpful.  Thanks so much for your time and effort, since I am fairly new at
this scanning thing.

Susan Hays