Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Walbridge, Jane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:00:47 -0400
Thank you all for the assistance.  I gave up on the Windows menu as
there seems to be a conflict with Sticky Keys, Windows key and the
screen reader Jaws.  I found one last Kensington mouse with 6
programmble buttons at the top and that seems to work.  He is very low
functioning due to multiple health problems (he is only in his late
50's) so anything with multiple steps or the ability to mess up is out
of the question for now.  He can and does learn so he will gain skills,
its just that it will be a long slow process for him.

I'll tell you, working with someone like this makes you appreciate your
own health.

Peace,
Jane Walbridge

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] What File Starts My Documents?

In a message dated 9/2/2006 9:36:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I am working with a blind one handed typist who is trying to learn  the
computer.  Sticky keys isn't behaving and doesn't want to open the
Start Menu and if it does his screen reading software keeps echoing the
word "Windows."

I'm trying to find a shortcut to pop open My  Documents from a shortcut
on his Kensington Expert Mouse.  It has 6  programmable buttons that I'm
setting to open his programs, but I can't  find how to start My Docs.
The mouse won't accept a shortcut to the program  -- it wants an exe
file.

Jane,
I recieved the following info from my sister who works at the American
Printing house for the blind. I hope you find something  usefull.

     - Phil-

For the shortcut to "my documents" perhaps you could  try:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "c:\documents and  settings\user\my documents"

Replace "user" with his folder under  "documents and settings" that
contains his documents folder. It is probably  the same as his login
name.

For the "start menu" you might try the  Ctrl+Escape", perhaps the sticky
key for Control will work better than the  windows key.

-ALSO-

There is a one-hand keyboard made and sold by Infogrip in California.
The keyboard is called the "BAT".  It has seven keys; three are
operated by the thumb and four by the remaining fingers.
Four models are  available right hand, left hand, PC or MAC versions.
So, one needs to decide  for which hand a aboard is needed and for what
kind of  computer.

Apparently, with this board it is possible to generate any and  all
commands that can be sent from a keyboard.  These include function  key
commands.  If you specify when ordering, the company offers an  audio
tape of operating instructions for the board.

Infogrip's phone  number is 800-397-0921.  A few months ago the price of
the board was  $200 (two-hundred dollars.)

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml