Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 19:30:56 -0500
"Harold E. Schumacher, Jr." wrote:

> Kelly Younger wrote:
> >
> > For those of you playing around with the latest Netscape browser,
> > preview release 2 is now out at
> > ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.5/4.5_PR2/english/
> > It'll install over 4.5b1, no problem.
> >
> > Kelly
>
>         Can it be installed over 4.06?  What are the new "features" of 4.5?

It's never a good idea to install beta software over a final release
version. If you want to play with it, put it in a different folder (say
C|Program Files|Mozilla). It is very stable IMHO and has more features
than any browser released to date. I debated about including this cut
and paste, but I decided to. I think it will answer all questions.

Netscape Communicator 4.5 beta 2 (alternatively known as Preview Release
2) is now available via the Netscape FTP
servers and web site. This release adds a significant amount of new
features, especially to the mail and news components
of Communicator. Please take time to completely read the below prior to
installing Communicator 4.5 beta 2 - it may save
you time and grief.

Please do not confuse this release with Netscape Communicator 4.05 or
4.06, which are recent shipping final releases of
Communicator. This is version 4.5 Preview Release 2, which is an upgrade
to 4.06.

This is a beta test release of Communicator 4.5, and it contains known
and unknown bugs. If you are uncomfortable with
using unfinished software, then please refrain from using this release
and wait for the final release, scheduled for
later this year. While this release has proven to be very stable
throughout private testing, it will still crash at times.

Among quite a few others, version 4.5b2 adds the following features over
Communicator 4.0x:

    Optional three-pane mail/news interface, with two different 3-pane
layout options
    Various browsing enhancements (Smart Browsing, JDK 1.1, JavaScript
1.3, for example)
    New Address Book
    New Newsgroups Button on the Component Toolbar
    Roaming Access for remote user profile access
    Automatic spell check option for outgoing messages when sent
    Overhaul of the Netscape Calendar client
    (Win32) Mail Import utilities for Eudora and Outlook Express
    SmartUpdate uninstall, binary patching, and UI improvements
    Netscape NetWatch RSAC-based parental control (usage is optional)
    (Win32) Optional Quality Feedback Agent to automatically send crash
reports directly to Netscape

For a more complete feature overview, please see the Communicator 4.5
Overview on the Netscape home page.

For 4.5, Windows 95, 98, and NT, Macintosh PPC, and the normal Unix
platforms will be supported. Windows 3.x and
Macintosh 68K systems will not be supported for 4.5.

Prior to installing, it is strongly recommended that you back up the
contents of your ...\Netscape\Users\ directory and
subdirectories it contains. If you back up nothing else, back up at
least your abook.nab file as described in the release
notes. You can either install 4.5b2 to a different directory, or on top
of a 4.0x release (such as 4.06). Since 4.0x and 4.5b2
profiles are interoperable, it is likely to be best for most users if
4.5b2 is installed to a different directory. A 128-bit
version of 4.5 beta 2 is unlikely, so if you need 128-bit security for
online banking or other purposes and currently are
running a 128-bit version of Netscape, 4.5b2 must be installed to a
different directory. A 128-bit version of the final
release of 4.5 will be available.

Prior to installing, please read the Release Notes for this version as
well, which contain more extensive information than
is practical to put in this post. (Note: the beta 2 release notes may
not be immediately available.)

Download 4.5b2 from
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/4.5/4.5_PR2/english/ If you try
this link and it does not
work, wait a bit - it may not yet be available on all of the machines
that make up ftp.netscape.com.

If you are running Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 3 in True Color
mode, you should install the GetAdmin hotfix from
Microsoft or else you may not be able to run Java.

When Communicator crashes, it is recommended that you allow the Netscape
Quality Feedback Agent that will pop up to
send the crash report to Netscape. You can view exactly what is sent
before it is transmitted from within the QFA, and it
can also be disabled altogether.

A few tips for usage of this release:

    The Newsgroups button on the component (floating/docked) toolbar can
be made to either open to open newsgroups in
    a Messenger window, or open the Message Center. If you wish it to
open the Message Center, click Edit | Preferences
    | Mail and Newsgroups | Window Settings and choose 'Opens the
Message Center'
    If using three-pane mode, you can now choose from two different
three-pane Messenger layouts. The options appear
    in Edit | Preferences | Mail and Newsgroups | Window Settings.
    You can now drag and drop newsgroups to reorder the list of
subscribed groups.
    Explore the new Preferences windows (click Edit | Preferences) as
there are quite a few new options available there.
    You can choose to position replies to messages after the quoted
text, as is the tradition in this newsgroup, by setting it
    under 'Add my reply:' in Edit | Preferences | Mail and Newsgroups |
Messages.
    Smart Browsing (the What's Related button) can be disabled via
preferences. See the Communicator 4.5 FAQ on
    Netscape's site for information about privacy questions surrounding
this feature.
    To bring up the Subscribe to newsgroups window from three-pane view,
right-click the news server name in the left
    pane and choose 'Subscribe to Newsgroups', or left-click the news
server name and click File | Subscribe.
    To resend a displayed message, click Message | Edit to Resend (this
was previously under the File menu in
    Communicator 4.0x).
    It is now possible to use filters in both mail and news.
    You can now compose a message and save it as a template in the
Templates folder. To do so, compose the message,
    and click File | Save As | Template. To use the template, open the
Templates folder and double-click the message, edit
    the recipients and the message body as needed, and send it.
    You can now have more than one personal address book. To add
another, open the Address Book and click File |
    New | Address Book.
    To add a LDAP server, open the Address Book, and click File | New |
Directory. This was previously in the
    Preferences windows in Communicator 4.0x.
    If you are set to use the text composition window but want to use
the HTML window for one message only, hold down
    the CTRL key as you click New Msg or Reply which temporarily
switches composition windows.

Have fun but back up your files and remember not to rely on beta
software ...

Please note that follow-ups to this message are set to the
netscape.communicator newsgroup - please do not e-mail me
directly; please reply to the group instead.
--
Kevin Hecht, Netscape Champion
   <end of cut and paste>

Kelly