Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 23:21:36 -0700
That is because the scripting engines on the newer browsers are now
using new functions that were not available in that older version of IE,
so it does not recognize them, and tosses an error message. There isn't
much that can be done about it, other than the chance existence of a
setting to turn off error messages in the old browser being put to use,
or by completely turning off it's use of javascript which I'm sure can
be done.

It may also be able to use vbscript, I can't remember if that old of a
browser already had that ability for sure or not. Have a look through
the Internet Options, Preferences, and any other menu items that looks
like they lead to settings of any kind, to find and make any changes you
decide on using in IE's settings.

It pretty much boils down to how much tolerance he has for the error
message pop ups, if he does not wish to completely disable scripting
support.

Since he is unwilling to upgrade to a newer operating system, which
likely will not even work on that old of a computer anyway, I did notice
a sale going on at Geeks.com of new 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4 systems with
Ubuntu Linux
pre-installed for $139.95 currently. These systems come with nothing but
the main computer, you would need to provide your own keyboard, mouse,
monitor, and speakers, but it has everything else already there, ready
to plug in and use. See it here -

<http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=DC5100-LNX-2B&cat=SYS>

They also have a lot of other very inexpensive bare bones computer
setups available, some with no operating systems, but since Ubuntu Linux
[and many other variations of Linux] are free, it wouldn't cost a thing
to add a very capable operating system, that can easily keep up with
things today, to one of them. Here's a link to their page on those. -

<http://www.geeks.com/products.asp?cat=SYS>

Ubuntu is pretty easy to make the switch to from Windows, as I did about
8 months ago. I really like it a lot, and hardly ever boot to the
Windows XP side of my computer anymore since installing it.

For a preview of one of the things Ubuntu Linux can do, that Windows
cannot, have a look at this video I recorded of my Ubuntu rotating
virtual cube desktop in action. I captured it with one of several, also
free, software packages that does video capture of the Ubuntu desktop. 8-)

<http://www.rayslinks.com/Images/Desktop.avi>

For more information about some other advantages of Ubuntu Linux, also
see the following page as a starting point.

<http://www.rayslinks.com/Comparison%20of%20Windows%20and%20Ubuntu%20Linux.html>

One thing you do need to know, is that the updates for Ubuntu, and any
software for it that you may install, come fast and furious, at the very
least there will be a couple every couple of days, so trying to keep up
with them on a dial up connection may become tedious, I would recommend
at least an entry level DSL connection with Ubuntu.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Human reviewed index of links about the computer
http://www.rayslinks.com

                       http://freepctech.com/rode