Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 15:48:37 +1000
Laurel wrote:

>I tried to boot up my PC after 3 months of having it off while I was out
>of town. I now get this message:
>
>"Verifying DMI pool date .....
>NTLDR is missing
>Press any key to restart">>

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318728 (for W2000, but the procedure is
much the same for XP).

This usually happens when either of the files Ntldr or NTdetect.com is
missing or damaged.  You may get away with simply copying the file from an
XP emergency boot floppy if you have one, or from another XP
computer.  These files reside in the root system drive--usually C:.  Less
likely is a damaged Boot.ini file---in the same location. Try copying only
the first two first,---only if that is unsuccessful should you try a copy
of Boot.ini.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to go to the Recovery Console on your XP
CD. You can copy the files from there by following the Ms instructions in
the above article.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml