Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:01:39 -0500
Dear PC Softers,

On March 17, Bruce Boschek wrote:

> One computer out of the 43 that I watch over in the laboratory here
> displays a particularly irritating behavior; closing Winword 97 files
> takes up to a minute and sometimes even longer.

> I have freshly defragmented both partitions and that had no effect.
> Scandisk shows no problems. I have tried removing all networking clients
> and requesters, but this also has no effect on the problem. I have also
> removed anti-virus software and other background programs.

Before you removed the anti-virus software, did you update it and run
it?  We had a virus running rampant here a while ago (Class, I
believe, which attacks Word '97 automacros) which made the closing
and saving process much longer.  One of the things that was actually
happening was that the word document was being saved with a different
extension (.voc instead of .doc).  Documents were also saved
automatically, without the user being asked to save a new document,
for instance.

We had to upgrade our Mcafee Virus Scan scan engine from 3.1.9 to
4.0.2 in order for this virus to be able to be cleaned.  But once we
did, the problem went away.

Good luck!

Holli

*********