Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:09:40 -0700
We have had good luck installing voice rognition software in various
settings (government offices, lawyers offices,etc.). On average I
would say that they are 95% correct in what they transcribe. The
big thing is to have a good quality name brand sound board, good
microphone and the more powerfull the CPU the better !. The thing
with all these programs is that they need to be trained to the users
voice, usually by reading a passage from the screen. This can take
about 20 minutes. If the client can't read, or last that long, it can
pose a problem to training the software.

> I am researching voice recognition software for a disabled client.  How
> well is voice recognition software doing today (technologically) for
> dictation and mail, etc.?  What should one look for when choosing voice
> recognition software?
>
> TIA for your feed back and suggestions
>
> Joan Rapier
>
>          The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
>           you would like to contribute to the website, send any
>                software tech tips or software reviews to:

Dale Laluk / [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 308
Hudson's Hope, B.C. V0C 1V0
250-783-9921