Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:19:10 -0400
Hi...i have a few rather perplexing problems.i am running win98 SE and my computer has the usual bells and whistles so i'll try to explain.problem #1...i'm using norton 2001 and set it to scan my email..if i open norton and click "email status" it says "protected" and if i go to options then "email" it says "protected" and when i click ctrl\alt\delete it has poproxy listed as running...all is well so far..now when i reboot i get the problem as follows..when i open norton and click "email status" it says "not protected" and if i go to options then "email" it says "protected" and when i click ctrl\alt\delete it doesn't have poproxy listed as running which it needs to be to receive email without an error message...i can't understand why these settings would change when i reboot..i checked start up tab in msconfig and the reference to norton email protect with poproxy.exe is listed and checked off..and when i go into the registry to the "run" folder the same reference is listed...when i reset the norton email protect and reboot the same problem arises..amazing..this was not a problem two days ago.
problem #2 is along the same lines...i use ms messenger and it was appearing in the tasktray and connecting on startup..now it isn't appearing at all...in checking msconfig it is listed and checked..in the messenger options it is checked to run at startup..but i can't find it referenced at all in any of the "run" folders in regedit so i'm not sure it if it should be..on my other puter messenger isn't listed in the "run" folders either so i assume it isn't supposed to be there..i uninstalled messenger with my cleansweep program(a great program imho) and reinstalled it but it still doesn't run at startup...
now i know i can add a shortcut to the start menu for both messenger and poproxy and this will work but that doesn't answer the question as to why these programs started acting strangely...if others have had similar problems i would appreciate any help...i may add that i ran the registry checker which didn't show any problems...thanks...Gary Burke

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com