Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:50:40 +1000
Marilyn wrote:
>I can't use Explorer as I continue to get Microsoft error messages that =
>throw me back to my home page, hence, no access to the net.
>
>My question is:  Get this cpu cleaned up with Windows 98 or spend ABOUT =
>the same amount of money to get into Windows XP with another cpu?>>

No answers until you give us the facts!

First of all, you'll need to give us a lot more info before anyone can even
hope to help you.

1. Are you talking about Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer--these two
entirely different things.  If IE, which version?

2. What operating system?  Presumably W98, but this is not clear.

3. Precisely what error messages???

4. Are you certain you are connected to the internet.  How do you
know?  Can you receive/send email?

5. When did this start to happen?  Did you install/uninstall/update
anything to cause this?  Was it sudden or only occasionally?

6. Have you tried a registry restore?

If you are having trouble with W98 + IE 6, this was very common. IE 6 was
written primarily for XP and was often unsatisfactory with W98.  Revert
back to IE5.5 if you can.

I don't understand your last question.  If you mean "Shall I spend a lot of
money updating/repairing this "old?" computer with an obsolete OS, or shall
I spend the same money on a new computer with a modern OS?" I shouldn't
have thought there's any argument as to which way to go.  W98 will become
more and more obsolete and incompatible with most new software and
hardware. And, of course, it is much harder to fix when things go
wrong.  But that's not to say XP is without its difficulties---far from
it.  But at least it is far more robust and forgiving than W98.

And the learning curve is quite easy, generally the appearance is pretty
much what you're used to.  It's just that things aren't always in the
"right" place---which annoys you for a while until you start to find your
way around.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!