Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:22:34 -0500
Good Morning Laurie

For a listing of available antivirus programs see
http://www.hackfix.org/software/antivirus.html (This is Not a
complete listing.)  To get an idea of how the various programs
stand up to trojan testings please see
http://www.hackfix.org/miscfix/icons-av.shtml (this page may take
a moment to load).  Do some research and find the program that is
best suited for your needs.

Some shareware programs require a yearly subscription fee such as
EZ-antivirus and Nortons (as far as I am  aware)  you are paying
a fee to obtain pattern updates AND program updates.  Others such
as Mcafee only require a fee when you want to update to the next
version (program updates)  Mcafee users who are happy with their
current version as long as it is still supported  virus pattern
updates remain free until such time as you upgrade the program or
that version is no longer supported (usually a few years).

There are a few reliable freeware programs as well such as
Antivir and Avast.  Both are relatively easy to use (especially
after you read through the configurations available at
http://www.hackfix.org/software/configure/),  Both update quite
regularly and have proven to be quite capable in our testings
(see above url).

You will have to try different ones to see which suits your own
individual needs.   What Others think is best may not be best for
you!

I do hope that helps

Christy White

On 2/13/02 at 3:32 PM M and L Hand wrote:

>I have really loved the protection I've gotten from InoculateIt
PE
>(free version) but they are changing as of May 15th.  I would
like to
>stick with them (they have a special half-price rate for current
free
>version users) if this is a good deal.  I've been much happier
with
>them than I was when I had McAfee (which came free on my
computer but
>never would run properly, or update correctly, and corrupted
itself -
>and their support couldn't fix it!).  I'm sure some of you have
>opinions.  Is there a better virus protection out there, or
should I
>jump at this offer?  Is there something else out there that is
free
>that will work for me just as well?  I'm just a home computer
user, no
>fancy stuff, lots of email but not much downloading.  I use
Internet
>Explorer and Outlook Express.  Thank you!
>Laurie Hand

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com