Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 13:18:33 -0700
>. Capturing playback of a tape on the same camcorder,
>however, produces a thin band on the left and the bottom where there is some
>distortion and jitter in the image.

I think, and this is just a guess, what you are seeing is a part of the
vertical overscan. In PAL, there are 625 lines and in NTSC 525 lines, but
the tape must have an image size of 704 X 480 or something else. Whatever
the difference are the lines used for vertical synch, setting black level,
and, sometimes, information such as teletext. What you are seeing are some
of these lines. When viewed on a TV, these are always hidden, but not on a
computer, which has no over scan hiding.

>A second question has to do with resolution for the capture. Apparently,
>720x480 is the high quality format for DVD. Standard NTSC has 525 lines per
>screen interlaced. How does the DVD video with 480 scan lines relate to the
>525 scan lines in NTSC for display on the TV? I am very confused as to why
>there is no setting for capturing the NTSC 525 scan lines directly.

I think you are confusing "lines of resolution "525" with image size =
480Xsomething.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/