Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:04:23 +0200
On 30 Nov 2000, at 1:09, don penlington <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have an older version of McAfee A-V, which states on the box that it
> gives "Lifetime updates".  (Whose life, I wonder---theirs or mine?).
>
> Now when I go to update my virus files, it says my engine is outdated and I
> need to purchase the latest version.  However, I can still download and
> install each latest virus data file OK.
>
> What advantage, if any, would I get by purchasing the latest
> "Engine".  What does it do that my current "Engine" (whatever that is)
> doesn't do?  Am I being fully protected now?

There is a great importance in updating the engine just as updating the
data file. how to look for viruses in new executable formats, how to do
heuristic analysis, how to open files compressed by new types of
compressions, etc.

On the other hand it might be that you can upgrade the scan engine without
a need to buy it. If it is version 4.x (and they started the 4 series a
few years ago), then you may upgrade the scan engine for free (known as
superdat or sdat).
See: http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/naicommon/download/dats/find.asp
or see:
http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/naicommon/download/default.asp