Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Bill M. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:00:22 -0500
I have tried three recommended fixes for the Windows 98 shutdown problem
and none seem to work.  When you go to Start and Shutdown, the screen
freezes at the Windows 98 logo screen on several IBM Thinkpads 600E
models in my office.  I end up physically shutting down the laptop but
in the morning, when I go to turn on the laptop it goes through the
Scandisk since the laptop was not shut down properly.

I realized the Windows 98 operating system is very unstable but is there
anyone out there that has a fix that actually works until I migrate to
Windows 2000 which I have been told is alot more stable.

Thanks for listening.
Linda

Try this Linda, use ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the Task Manager. Close
or end all programs except Explorer and Systray, then try to shutdown.
If that works, then repeat the process but leave one of the other
programs running. Keep adding back one program at a time and shut down
after each one until you find the program that is causing your computer
to hang up on shutdown. Once you find the program that is causing the
problem, you can either get rid of the program if it's not really
needed, or find a way to work around it.
As for migrating to Win2000, I would wait until Oct and migrate to
Windows XP Pro. It is easier to use, harder to mess up and as rock solid
or ever more so as Win2000.
Bill M. Smith
Urbana, IL