Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
aldridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:59:12 -0600
Hi
I've got a very small amount of Hard Drive space left on my computer.
Thank You,
Salina Evanko

Salina, this was sent to me from another Group a long time ago.

Now that you have extra time on your hands let's clean up the computer....

1. click start and go to our document folder.. My, my my... How much extra
disk space do you have..Bad! Bad! Bad! Want to start cleaning house? Good:-)
click on start->settings-taskbar & Start menu-> Start Menu Programs.. Now on
the bottom click on the Clear button to clear your document folder.

2. click Start->Settings->Control panel->Internet->General tab.. Now, lets
get rid of all those temp files from surfing the net:

Under the Temporary Internet Files, click DELETE FILES.. a box comes up to
ask if you want to delete the OFFLINE content.. just click ok.. Also, while
you are on the GENERAL TAB, click on the CLEAR history and you should have
3-5 days selected to store history.

Isn't this FUN? LOL And you thought you would be bored without ICQ....

3.Right click start->Find and where it says NAMED: type in *.*tmp where it
says LOOK IN: select MY COMPUTER, click find Now.. Now look at all that
unnecessary space...Bad, Bad, Bad:-) Highlight just one of them, go to
EDIT/SELECT ALL... Now ALL of them should be highlighted..Click on
FILE/DELETE..

4. Go to your desktop and click on the Recycle Bin... Be sure there is
nothing in there that over the past few decades you have deleted
accidentally, then if there is none, click on FILE/EMPTY RECYCLE BIN.

5. When was the last time you defragged/scanned your disk? I thought so :-)
OK, here's whatcha do....Start->Programs->Accessories->SYSTEM TOOLS->Defrag.
(your computer may be set up a little different but if so, right click
start/find/and type in defrag and click find now and you will find it) First
do Defrag. then do scan disk.

6. For ICQ Users- Go to each persons name and scroll down to "View Message
History" There are 3 tabs you should click on and hit the delete all.
(Incoming-what was sent to you,Outgoing-what you sent to them, and Message
Dialogue-messages to and from the person. Also Right click on System and
delete the tabs on History and Outbox

In addition,,, I have learned a tip that is very helpful in helping me to
keep my Outlook Express running well... Incase you don't know,,, even though
you delete mail in your Outlook Express they are stored in mbx and idx
folders on your hard drive,,, Here is a way to permanently get rid of that
mail...

1. Make sure that you have deleted anything that you don't want in Outlook
Express. Then close out..

2. Go to C:\ Windows and right click on Application Data and open.. Right
click on Microsoft and open. Then right click on Outlook Express and open.
Right click on Mail and open.... You will see many folders in there... Now
this part is important because you don't want to delete folders that you are
saving important stuff in..

These are the folders that you can delete.. Don't worry,, Outlook will
rebuild them the next time you open it up..

Deleted Items .idx

Deleted Items .mbx

Sent Items .idx

Sent Items .mbx

Outbox .idx

Outbox .mbx

As I said previously,, Outlook will rebuild these files once you open it
back up for use... If you don't delete these files,, your Outlook Express
will slow way down and eventually will crash...

I hope that all of these tips can help you keep your computer running
smoothly and more importantly keep smiles on your faces...:-) That way we
can concentrate on our PSP Lessons and not worry about all the stuff that is
accumulating on our hard drives..

Hope this helps.
Linda Aldridge

                            The NOSPIN Group