Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 12:54:30 +1200
I'm still being plagued by this weird phenomena.  Every so often, a new hard
drive I'm fdisking and formatting, ends up showing it's single (C) partition
as a N0N DOS partition, thus making it invisible in DOS.

(And by DOS I refer to the pre-Windows state reached by using a Windows 95
or 98 boot disk)

Oddly, in a Windows DOS box, such a drive invariably shows as it's partition
as PRIMARY DOS.

The crazy thing is that this isn't consistent - I can do 2 or 3 drives in a
row, each one by the same standard method, and occasionally one will end up
NON DOS while the others will be PRIMARY DOS.

As I've said in earlier posts, I must have done this hundreds of times over
ten years or so, but just lately the task no longer produces reliable
results.

It's either the software I'm using (tho I've tried several different
versions of fdisk and boot disks, including NOSPIN's own collection) or
perhaps it's something to do with modern UATA hard drives.

All suggestions welcomed.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown