Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:46:21 -0400
It would seem you need an older version of "OEM Nero"
that not only supports your OEM unit, but the older OS...
(The OEM disks "generally" were hard coded (in different batches)
to small numbers  (groups) of manufacturers so the OEM install disks
could not be passed around "to friends", etc...)
Example: A "Lite-On disk" would not install if you had a Pioneer drive, etc...)

v6 (with latest patch/revision) still worked with Win98.
v7 worked for awhile with - but then dropped - Win98.

Lastest "Win98 version" I have archived is:
         Nero-win98-7.2.7.0_eng_no_yt.exe   (132Megs)
(They dropped Win98 after that.)

See your install disk. The version might (had always been?)
embossed near (in) the hub of the CD.
There were also lots of bundle variations on the CDs that
"came with units" in retail boxes, etc....
Some were Nero Express, and some full-but-(OEM) versions...
(Clear as mud, I know...)
It is very unlikely you have a FULL RETAIL version of Nero.
They work on ALL drives, (and _supported_ OSs...)

Nero, OR the OEM drive manufacturer "should" help you get the install
CD Key to use with an older (download yourself) ver 7 that would work
with Win98...

I fairness to Nero, I think v7 would be a "hog" and run slow on a computer
of that age.

                                               RickGlazier

From: "Dan Crawford"
Subject: [PCSOFT] Problems with 52X CD-RW and 16X DVD ROM

> Friday evening I purchased a LiteOn 52X CD-RW and 16X DVD-ROM drive because
> the box clearly states (in four languages) that the unit is compatible with
> 98SE (my OS). The drive plays my CDs well, but cannot do much of anything
> else since the NERO software works only with Windows 2000 and later OS. Is
> there any way I can get this to work? I attempted to contact NERO but found
> out that in order to get information about whether they have drivers to make
> the software work for 98 SE I'd have to lay out nearly $30.00 to become a
> member. At this point , I am inclined to take the drive back to the retailer
> since it doesn't do anything more than the CD-ROM I replaced. Has anyone had
> this problem before and been able to solve it (other than buying XP?) ?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml