Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David George <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 07:22:46 +0200
At 10:47 AM 7/2/98 -0400, Sam Smilie wrote:
>......if you have Win95B (with USB support) and IE 4.0, you actually have
>a better system than Win98.  Their point is that you have basically the
>same system, but the Win95B/IE 4.0 combo is faster than Win98.

Sam

This should probably go to PC-MS but since it is a reply to your post on
PCSOFT I hope it's not off topic.

I have the Win95B release just prior to the one that included usb support.
The rest of my MS software was the same until I had a major problem with
system freeze ups and error reports caused by IE4.01 and the fax software
which would be activated as soon as one went into Exchange or Outlook (not
98). I deleted IE4 selectively through Add/Remove software. (the actual
choices I made slip my mind)

After the uninstall my system problems dissapeared. I was automatically
back to IE3 with no futher intervention on my part and the MS fax facility
in Outlook and Exchange now works properly. Oulook Express reports that
some of the required components are missing however. (must have been
deleted during uninstall) and I cannot read the e-mail which is still there
in the OE folder. I have the following questions:

1. Can I reinstall OE on top of the remaining files on my system without
losing the e-mail?

2. Will OE operate without IE4?

3. Can one upgrade from Win95B to Win95B with usb support with a download
from       Microsoft?

I will stick to Win95B (with or without usb support) for the time being
considering all the problems subscribers to PCSOFT and PC-MS are having
with Win98. SR1 for Win98 has already been announced! This must surely be a
record for a SR/Patch from a major OS manufacturer.

David George