Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dianne Gronfors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:25:25 -0400
Hi Mark - I'm using a Gnet internet gateway with 4 ports.  I'm not the only
user as my husband will connect his laptop when he's working at home.  I'll
do a search for their website, maybe the issue is addressed there.  I've
never heard of VPN so I'll do some reading up on that too.  As for the
reluctance to upgrade - it's nothing to do with not wanting the newer
version and everything to do with needing to also have the older versions
for testing my web site for compatability.  I would upgrade in a minute if
someone can tell me how to have more than one version of the same browser on
my system at the same time.  Keep in mind that my HD's are not partioned.
Thanks.  Dianne

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mark Rode
Sent: October 1, 2002 2:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Multiple copies of browsers

What exactly is the router you are using? The first thing I would do, is
contact the router/firewall manufacturer, and ask them what is causing
this. If it is new router with VPN = Virtual Private Network capability, it
may be confusing your bank as a VPN.

Why are you reluctant to upgrade to IE6x? I have never had any problems
with final vetted versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer. I would not
dream of logging into my bank account without the latest version of IE, and
with all recent security patches in place.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 01:45 PM 10/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Good afternoon all - I am having a problem with one bank that I deal online
>with.  When my gateway/router is in place, I can not get into my own
>account.  I can get to the home page, the sign in page, but nothing after
>that.  After speaking with their tech dept. the only solution they could
>come up with was to disable my router.  When I was using ZoneAlarm for
>firewall protection, this wasn't such a big deal because I could easily
turn
>it on or off.  But, there's no way I'm changing cables all over the place
>just for this one bank.  They did suggest that I upgrade to a newer browser
>version which I am willing to try but here's the problem.  I am currently
>using NN4.76 and IE5.5 and don't want to lose them as I use them to check
my
>web page for compatability.  Can I install ALSO the newest version of each
>browser?  I do have 2 hard drives but neither one is partioned.  This still
>may not solve the problem with this particular bank but it would be a good
>idea to have more than one version of each browser if it is possible.
>Thanks in advance for any advice.  Dianne

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml