Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Anil Chawla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:54:36 +1200
Hi Korny,

Thanks for your help. Perhaps, I have not been able to explain my question
properly.
I will try to explain it again.

Problem:
To make a batch file which displays all the files in a particular directory.
The output of the batch file should display the file names in that
particular folder and then give a brief description or purpose of that file.
Since the directory has a number of files, so the user should be given an
option of controlling the scrolling of data at any stage. The user has the
discretion of pausing after a display of ten file names or he can pause
after display of seven file names. That is, the user should be provided with
a facility to pause scrolling at any stage and then resume. So, some command
should be given in the batch file which gives the user option to stop
scrolling by pressing either <Ctrl S> or <Ctrl Q>.

My question is, what command should I incorporate in the batch file to give
user this kind of facility.

As such piping the data to "more" or using "dir/p" would not help because
they would automatically pause after display of one page full of data, which
is not my aim. My aim is that the user should be able to pause whenever he
wants to.

I do hope I am able to explain my problem better this time. So please, try
to work around this problem. I would like to thank both Larry and Korny for
their kind help.
I am sure you will be able to assist me with this problem.

Somehow, I have a feeling that if I use the following commands, I might be
able to achieve this:
pause > null
or pause < null.
but frankly speaking I havn't tried these two commands so far myself.

Cheers !!!

** Anil Chawla **

> >Hi Larry,
> >
> >Actually, I have to incorporate a feature to stop scrolling in a batch
> file
> >using <Ctrl S> or <Ctrl Q>. Hence, I can't pipe to "more".
> >There definately, should be some way.
> >Thanks for your help.
> >
> >** Anil Chawla **

> A few years back I got some programs from
>
> TOMMY'S TOYS, BOX 11261, DENVER, CO 80211 USA
>
> Included on the disk was a file called READFILE.COM. It will read a text
> file and scroll up and down.......

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org