Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
jokester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:59:06 -0600
Barbara:

There are a couple ideas I have here.

One is why not create a default shortcut on the desktop and then make a
copy whenever you need a web shortcut,  Then copy and paste the web
address.  This way you can change the icon to whatever you wish.

The second one I found on the web, you would have to choose your own icon
and YMMV...
For your own reading, here is the web site I was able to read most of this on.
http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t15048.html

(BEWARE IF YOU ARE EDITING REGISTRY VALUES.  REMEMBER TO ALWAYS
BACKUP/EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE PLAYING WITH IT.  AS WELL IF NOT
COMFORTABLE WITH REGISTRY, DO NOT ATTEMPT)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}\DefaultIcon

this value should be blank/empty

If Shell is set to anything except "Explorer.exe" in this key then desktop
icons can be corrupted. Check that key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "Shell", "Explorer.exe", REG_SZ

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:00000000

That's what that complete key should be for default.  So if you wanted
another icon, you would have to put a different value into the keys.

EDIT:
<http://www.msfn.org/board/ipb_seo.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dougknox.com%2Fxp%2Ffile_assoc.htm>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
On that page is default registry XP File associations files.
He has this but I don't know what language will do there.
Internet Explorer Desktop Icon Fix (Restore the default behavior for the
Desktop IE icon)

NOTE: this page also has other fixes.  I have no connection with this page,
nor have had any experience with the registry fixes it uses.

Sam

p.s. if this is a double post, I apologize as I forgot to sign the first one.

At 09:03 AM 04 27, 2008, you wrote:

>All I am trying to do is change the default "E" shortcut icon when you
>send a shortcut to the desktop for a webpage.  As I said before I am
>running Vista Home Premium on an HP Notebook. I have a friend who owns a
>dell running the same operating system and I can change the icon just
>fine.  Does anyone who may own a HP Notebook have the same problem?

NOTICE::
This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or entity
named above and may contain information that is confidential or legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above or a person
responsible for delivering messages or communications to the intended
recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use, distribution, or copying
of this communication or any of the information contained in it is strictly
me immediately by telephone and then destroy or delete this communication,
or return it to me by mail if requested by me.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode