Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joel W Bluning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 18:07:15 -0500
Dear Ira,
The BMP format will give you the best original with millions of colors
and any resolution your scanner is capable of. Gif is not capable of
saving more than 256 colors,and Jpg is a lossy compression format, which
means you will have less information in the image than you scanned.
I usually save in tif format, which is a uniformly accepted format in
photo-editing software. Like the bmp format it is lossless. Tif is more
uniformly recognized by many photo-editing packages such as photoshop,
photodelux, paintshop pro (shareware), etc. I then can save a second
version in any compressed format I want, and experiment with compression
factors and number of colors. This way you can always go back to your
original and start again without having to re scan.
I would be glad to answer any further questions you have, either
privately or on the list

HTH
Joel Bluming

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:43:33 EST Ira Wallin <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>I want to thank everyone for the answers I've received on this
>question. This
>is what I am trying to accomplish.
>I am scanning in art work and/or photos and want to save it in a
>format that
>is really close to the original.  If I save it right from the HP Scan
>as JPG,
>it gives me a choice of better to best.  Saving it as best right after
>the
>scan seems to give me the best resolution.  But saving it on Adobe
>Photo
>Deluxe as JPG, it doesn't come out as well.  Any additional thoughts?
>Ira Wallin

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html