Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary Kaucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:26:38 -0500
I'm looking forward to installing Mandrake Linux using the CD's that I got
from the the Nospin Group.

My computer has an AMD-133 CPU, 96 MB RAM, and currently just one 6 GB HDD
installed as a master on the primary. The DOS partition on this HDD was set
up as 100%, and Windows 98 has been installed undisturbed for some time
now. I believe that my CD-ROM is connected to a SCSI connection on the
sound card.

Rather than repartitioning my existing HDD, and risk losing everything, I
have decided to install a second HDD (1.7 GB), and install Linux on that.
Before I install the new HDD I have a few questions:

1)Should I install the new HDD as master on the secondary, or slave on the
primary?

2)How do I prepare the new HDD to accept Linux? Do I FDISK and FORMAT using
existing Windows 98 commands, or should I go about it another way? Do I set
the partition as active?

3)Will I have to totally revise my BIOS settings and remove PnP and
automatic settings so Linux will work? If so, will this mess up my booting
up Windows 98?

4)What are my options with respect to dual booting? Will I be able to dual
boot if I have Windows 98 on my 6 GB HDD, and Linux Mandrake on my 1.7 GB HDD?

Thanks for all the help.

Gary

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml