Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
WE Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 10:50:49 -0500
    Printing Problems :
Carol writes:
<<I've since found out that the colors are not empty like the program is
telling me, they're just dried up....I personally think it's a scam to make
us buy their color cartridges, which are expensive.  (Of course Canon cartridges are more expensive, that's part of the whole picture.) >>

Don Penlington wrote        Friday May 07

In a sense, you're right. But let's be fair to the manufacturers. Printers
(at least the basic ones) these days are sold at virtually giveaway prices,
considering the technology that goes into them. So the manufacturer, as you
rightly surmise, makes its profits from the after-sales. I have no quarrel
about that.
What many people don't realize is that you should run your ink-jet or
bubble-jet printer, both black and color, at least once a week, even if
it's only a short test print. Otherwise the ink in the printhead may dry
and clog the outlets.
Sometimes in inkjets (I'm not sure about other types) you can revive the
printhead by soaking the ink outlet (NOT the electrical contacts) in
boiling water for 5 minutes and then wiping clean. It depends how long the
printhead has been neglected. If the ink has dried rock-hard in a hot
climate, it's usually a throwaway and a new head, which often exceeds the
cost of a whole new printer.
Even the cheapest printers, if properly maintained, should last many years.
Compare the price of a new printer today with what we paid say 5 years ago,
and we really shouldn't have too many complaints. I think you'll find that
cheap printer=expensive maintenance, whereas expensive printer=cheaper
maintenance.  I guess it evens out in the end. It certainly pays to
research the market thoroughly before you buy.

Don Penlington

    William Lucas  writes :
    http://colorfastink.com/(l2hrmbyaxx1enjv4nfu1fner)/

    This Company sells a cleaner ( 60 ml. @ $5.95  )  that will bring printers back from dead .  Many  people don't use their printer frequently enough to keep the Ink solvent  & they need some help to rejuvenate the ink cartridge / print heads
        Some use Windex , rubbing alcohol , & even boiling water .  This cleaner is manufactured to do the job properly .  Comes with instructions .

    http://www.maxpatchink.com/index.shtml

    This web site offers a complete tutorial on cleaning , specific to your Printer     model , and also offers a cleaner ( solvent ) for sale .
    I think spending a little time Reading The Manual for your printer , viewing     tutorials on maintenance , & keeping the cartridges fresh by printing at least
    bi-weekly is the best road to successful printing .

    William Lucas

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com