Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:48:24 -0800
 From your description, it is likely that none of the things you did
caused any further harm.

Cookies can be either helpful or harmful. The helpful kind remember
useful information on sites you visit so that future visits are easier
on you. Harmful kinds can track and report on your use of the computer
in a non beneficial manner OR do other sneaky things. So deleting them
all is a mixed bag but not harmful.

With a broadband connection, the temporary Internet files are also not
critical and should be deleted every now and then. They are the files
that make up the web pages you visit. Rather than having to download
these files every time you visit the same web page, only newer files are
downloaded. For a dial up connection this speeds up the process of
opening revisited web pages. For broadband it helps but is not critical.

Performing a registry cleaning every so often is not bad and will help
peak performance. The program you used receives good reports, but since
I do not use that one, I can't comment on removing the remaining issues
it identified. I would leave them for now until I became confident of
the program.

Mozilla Firefox is a good browser. I use it instead of Internet Explorer.

Google Earth is cute but Microsoft has a much better aerial viewing
program. I do not understand why the person had you download and install
it for the problem you were having.

Norton and McAfee are OK as anti virus programs. When your subscription
is nearly up give AVG a try. It is free and I have found it to be a very
good anti virus program. Activating real time protection and doing
occasional scans are important.

Lavasoft (Ad- Aware) is a good anti spyware program when use in
conjunction with Spybot Search & Destroy, Spyware Blaster, and Windows
Defender. Ad-Aware (free edition) is used for scanning. Spybot is used
for real time protection and scanning. Spyware Blaster is used for real
time protection. Windows Defender is used for real time protection and
scanning. These will keep away almost all of the bad cookies and other
items other than virus type infections. However, you have to keep them
updated.

It is OK to use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. From your
description I can not pinpoint the problem with Internet Explorer. You
could use the Restore function to go back before the problem started,
however you have added a few programs and a Restore could adversely
affect them. I would first try a repair of Internet Explorer. Go to
control panel/add remove programs/ and click on Microsoft Internet
Explorer. You will get an option to "repair". Try that.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer