Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Darlene Bost <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 09:00:33 -0500
RE:  MS Word 97 Booklet - Unfortunately, I think Bill did let this one slip
by!  I'm sure there are far more knowledgable folks than me so I'm waiting
anxiously for their answers too!  In the meantime, below are the directions
I have for printing a booklet form in MS Word (not very user friendly by
the way) extracted from Microsoft Office Tip of the Day.

MAKING BOOK
If you'd like to make a booklet, all you need is Word and some
standard 8.5 by 11 paper. The trick is setting up the printer and
visualizing where the pages will appear.

To make a four-page booklet, you'll fold the paper in half. Give this
a try now, before you even think about writing and printing the
booklet. Fold the paper and then place it on the desk with the inside
of the fold upward. You're looking at page 2 and page 3. The back of
page 2 is page 1, and the back of page 3 is page 4.

Now you can create a document. Choose File, Page Setup. When the
dialog box opens, click the Paper Size tab and select Landscape.
Click OK to exit the dialog box and record the change. Now choose
Format, Columns. When the Columns dialog box opens, click Two columns
and then click OK. Now choose View, Page Layout so you can see what's
going on in both columns. Now write your document, remembering that
pages 1 and 4 will appear on one Word page, and pages 2 and 3 will
appear on another Word page.

Let's assume that booklet pages 1 and 4 are on Word page 1. To print
your booklet, choose File, Print. When the dialog box opens, select
Pages and type in 1. Click OK to print. Now remove the printed page
from the printer and insert it in the paper tray printed side up (in
most printers). This time choose File, Print and select Page. Type in
2 and click OK to print the other side of the paper.

With both sides of the page printed, you can now fold the paper to
make your booklet.

Note: Not all printers feed the paper the same way. You need to
determine how your printer works.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html