Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:09:55 +0200
From: "Robert Zeoli" <[log in to unmask]>

> Hi
>
> When windows (98se) completes booting up I get the
> following message opened in a dos window  "wininit.exe
> cannot run in windows".  The PC seems to work okay  when
> I close the window and move on.  I am wondering if it has
> something to do with a virus that AVG detected and cleaned
> on my machine a day ago, the I-worm RC5.A?  Any way how
> do I get rid of it poping up on boot?

Yes.  Worm is better known as Worm.Bymer  or w32.hllw.Bymer

To remove message run sysedit select win.ini file
find load=  and run= lines  and delete c:\windows\system\wininit.exe

Worm description and step by step removing instructions are in

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.bymer.html

Some recommendations.
1) worm spreads over shared network resources. If possible never
   share whole disk at least do not allow writing
2) use firewall.

Toomas

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml