Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:48:50 +1000
Betty wrote:
>When it boots up there is
>a system 32 file that opens on the screen.  I click to close it out -
>but have no idea why it is there and how to get rid of it so it doesn't
>open each time I reboot.>>

Run Msconfig (Start button/Run, type msconfig). Go to the Startup tab and
untick all items you don't need running all the time.  It won't let you
disable anything vital to the system, and you can always re-tick anything
later if you find you want it at startup. The less you have running the
better, both for performance and stability.

I wouldn't worry about using any registry cleaners. They rarely do anything
much, and you'll never notice any difference after using one. Occasionally
I use JV16 Powertoools, which is reckoned to be the best of the registry
cleaners, but even after clearing out hundreds of so-called "errors"
(mostly dead or orphaned references) I've never noticed any difference in
performance. All it really does is make me feel good!

The actual space/memory saving on modern systems is miniscule. An
aggressive clean might at best delete perhaps 50Kb---hardly significant
when modern registries may be 20 Mb or more.

System Restore backs up and replaces the registry as part of its function
so you could always use that if necessary.

By far and away the best registry maintenance is a system of manual backups
and restores. It only takes a few seconds every few months using ERUNT and
you will always have a clean registry to restore whenever you need it. Keep
several differently dated backups. See my web tutorials below for detailed
info on how to use this.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                       http://freepctech.com/rode