Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Larry Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:51:06 -0500
Linda

I had been getting the same thing for a couple of weeks and spent that time
trying to isolate the application that was causing it. I changed my video
card to a slightly better one of the same manufacturer and that seemed to
make the system a little steadier - but I still was having problems. I do
believe my real problem was with the Norton (Symantec) Anti-virus portion
(NAV) of Norton System Works 2001 which I had installed a few weeks back.

I used their uninstall program which by the way, let me just remove the
antivirus portion. My blue 'screens of death' with the OE or OD messages
seem to have disappeared (touch wood). Are you perhaps running NAV as well?
I've since installed the free InoculateIT anti-virus program from Computer
Associates (CA) and it has been rock solid.

Anyway, search your own memory, making notes as you think of them of all the
things you've done since the time your computer was running well. List all
the applications you loaded/unloaded/changed or what hardware you have
installed or removed.  Try to arrange your notes chronologically. In this
way, perhaps it will become clear to you what caused the problem and will
provide an idea as to what you may have to do to get back to a healthy
computer.

Good luck.

By the way, I'd be interested to hear how many other people have uninstalled
NAV as being a badly behaved application.

Larry Stewart
Ottawa, Canada
e-mail: [log in to unmask]