Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Alan Geist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:23:52 -0700
> From: K. Karl Kuller [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      [PCSOFT] Color Palette

        <<
> Hi All,
>     After my Windows 98 crashed and took a number of
> programs with it, I re-installed Win 95B OSR2 from the OEM's
> CD and downloaded IE 4.01 with SP1 from Microsoft.  Most
> everything is working normally, but I do have two annoying
> problems:
        <snip>
>     2 - My color photographs now look terrible because I am
> limited to a choice of 16 colors and monochrome.  When I go
> into Control Panel and check out the Display, I see ONLY
> those two choices!  I lost 256 colors and higher choices in
> the menu!
>     Any suggestions would be appreciated.

        Hi,

        I had a problem with my machine for over a year.  After my Win 95a
system crashed, I could only get it back with the 16 colors.  This meant
that I couldn't install half the software that I wanted to.  I tried many
different things over and over (and over and over). As I remember, I
selected install new hardware from the Control Panel Display option. It
asked me if I had the Disk and I put my CD Rom in the bay and everything
worked like magic.  I don't understand why my other ten efforts at doing the
same thing failed, but I've had no more trouble.

        Hope this helps,
        Alan Geist

                                  -----