Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:47:00 -0600

Then Jose wrote:

>What exactly do you mean by "pleasant experience", is it faster than 98?

Hi Gang,

Not to jump in uninvited, but....

I have an ABIT KA7-100 256MB of RAM, and a 15GB 7200RPM /100 hard drive.

I installed Windows 2000 with only 64MB installed and compared to my
Windows 98 install would say it was much much slower.

I then upped my ram to 128MB.  I would still suggest that Windows 98 was
faster than Windows 2000, but not by much as Windows 2000
started to become usable.

After finally upping it to 256MB, I will say that Windows 2000 kicks
Windows 98's hind end.  (based on what I do which isn't much.)

I just run standard applications, games, internet hopping and the like with
some scanning and editing of my pictures with PhotoShop 6.0.
With PhotoShop, I can really tell a difference in the performance, of
course Photoshop is a hog also.  I couldn't tell you how much of a difference,
just that it feels so much smoother with more overhead.  I've had no
lockups with Windows 2000, other than me playing around :-)  there is less
maintenance with 2000, and less worrying about "If I click here or open
that, will my system shut down?"

Anyway....my half cent.

Take Care

David A. Abbe