Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 04:35:08 -0500
Can I install Windoz ME over my Win 98 running at present on my computer
Or uninstall win98 first and then install win ME.
or install it altogether in a new folder,
Pl advise me all the tricks and give me all the tips.
Thanx
Paul Tiwana
____________________

Paul

It depends on which version of ME you have. If you have just the update
version then you install it over Windows 98. If you have the full version,
then it is recommended to either do a clean install or install it in a new
folder. If you are just planning to try out ME then you should install it in
a new folder so that you will still have your Win 98 available in case you
don't like ME. The reasoning behind this is that some of the programs that
you have running on 98 , as well as some hardware devices' drivers may not
be 100% compatible with ME, although ME should have drivers for most
devices. However, these drivers are sometimes limited compared to the
drivers that came with the device, and certain functions that were available
before may not be with the drivers that ME uses. A good example of this
would be my 56k modem. Windows ME would not accept the drivers from the CD
and so it put in it's own drivers. My modem is an AOpen 56k
fax/voice/speakerphone, but ME lists it as an HCF 56k PCI Modem. It still
works fine, but I have lost the option to lower the volume of the modem. I
can only turn it on or off. This was a very minor adjustment because I use a
cable modem anyway, and I only use the 56K modem for faxing, but there have
been cases where people's devices simply did not work, or the ME drivers for
certain devices were very standard, such as for video graphics.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html